[m2e-users] Alternative folder structures, ie src/main/jsp, js, css, tags etc

I know the standard package structure for web applications is to use src/main/webapp, but is it considered a bad practice to define a package for resources such as jsps, tags, js, and css?

The primary benefit for me is easy navigation especially in eclipse rather than drilling into these folders every time. Many of these resources are, at least in my  application, processed by maven either through filtering, minify/aggregation  so it seems to make sense. However ive never seen this done before which makes me hesitant to pursue it. But I was wondering if there were any  opinions on it?

Back to the top