[m2e-users] Trouble configuring plugins to work incrementally in process-resources with wtp

Hello,

I am trying to get my environment setup using Eclipse Indigo, Maven, and Tomcat through WTP but am running into several problems with the configuration details.

The app has a lot of _javascript_ that needs to managed by the build process. I have to concatenate js files, minify them, and process some through a nodejs script. In short, I need a lot of work done in the process-resources phase but I am having trouble getting that to work with WTP.

For the minify plugin I use the yui-compressor-maven plugin bound to the process-resources phase, and in the maven-war plugin I declare the files as webResources. However this doesn't seem to work with incremental changes. I used the strategy found here: http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/m2e-users/msg01669.html to output the concatenated files in the m2e-wtp/web-resources directory, which almost works except my server is constantly throwing errors about the files in that folder being out of synch.

Does anyone know how I can get the process-resource phase to work with incremental changes and wtp? In short I want to be able to modify a _javascript_ file, and on save I would like it to be concatenated and have the changes picked up by wtp automatically.

If wtp is the wrong direction, should I look towards another way to get this working?

Back to the top