[m2e-users] Needing to hint Javadoc to m2e

I have a problem with some legacy artifacts which do not have source or javadoc artifacts placed in Maven Central, but where the Javadoc has been published on a webserver, and where I have a source jar present in my workspace.

I would like to be able to hint to m2e that for a given artifact in the pom.xml, I would like to have my source jar “attached” to it as the source and the URL “attached” to it as the Javadoc location.    I would not like to modify the existing artifact or put dummy artifacts in my local repository as I would like a robust solution.

Any suggestions

(for StackOverflow participants there is 250 easy points for this on http://stackoverflow.com/q/9699631/53897)

Thanks for any suggestions.