Re: [m2e-users] WTP 0.15.1 and M2 1.0 or 1.1 Error: org.codehaus.plexus.archiver.jar.Manifest.merge(org.codehaus.plexus.archiver.jar.Manifest)

Ok so the problem comes from the use of maven-jar-plugin 2.4. The mavenarchiver plugin uses reflection to invoke Manifest operations.
maven-jar-plugin 2.4 uses plexus-archiver 2.1 which has removed the "merge" public methods on the org.codehaus.plexus.archiver.jar.Manifest. This prevents the mavenarchiver to work properly.

Your immediate workaround is to fallback on maven-jar-plugin 2.3.2.

I opened  https://github.com/sonatype/m2eclipse-wtp/issues/5 to keep track of this issue.

Regards,

Fred Bricon