Re: [m2e-users] Frustrated with another string of "Failed to read artifact descriptor" errors

You could try delteing $M2_HOME/repository/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-jar-plugins directory manually and then invoking Update dependencies + Force from m2e.

Cheers,
Rafał

On 02/17/2012 05:03 PM, KARR, DAVID wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: m2e-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:m2e-users-
bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Igor Fedorenko
Sent: Friday, February 17, 2012 4:40 AM
To: m2e-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [m2e-users] Frustrated with another string of "Failed to
read artifact descriptor" errors

Maven cached IOException in local repository. Right-click on the
project, Maven->Update Dependencies and check "Force Update of
Snapshots/Releases" to force m2e to re-try remote repository access.
Adding the "Force update of Snapshots/Releases" fixed it for most of the projects.

However, two projects appear to be resistant to this.  I've tried it multiple times on these two projects, and they both get:

Could not calculate build plan: Plugin org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-jar-plugin:2.3.1 or one of its dependencies could not be resolved: Failed to read artifact descriptor for org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-jar-plugin:jar:2.3.1