[m2e-users] m2e and test compilation exclusions - how can I make this work?

Hey m2e-ians,

    I'm in the process of open-sourcing a product, and we have a parallel build system, and a test suite class that relies on some things we're not open-sourcing.

    So, I have a pom - it points to code in src/test/java, one class of which is the aforementioned suite.  That class simply won't exist in the open source release, but it does exist in the internal process.  I have excluded it by means of the maven-surefire-plugin, which is fine - but that seems to not be reflected in eclipse, which still attempts to compile it, and which breaks because of the missing dependency.

    I can conceive of a few solutions - one is to simply put it in a different source path /src/proprietary-test/java or some such, and just not reference those sources.  Another is to manually (when working from the internal source where this class exists) adjust the build path exclusions in my eclipse project.

    But I hope this list can show me that I'm doing things wrong - that there's another way to exclude test classes selectively in the pom that m2e could pick up clearly - or whether I'm missing a step, or some sort of re-fresh, or whatever that would result in this working without the extra side efforts.

    So... yeah?  Anyone?

Christian.

Back to the top