[m2e-users] System dependencies unresolved

Hello the list

In the FAK, we read that in some circumstances the JDK is required to find
javac in M2E !

I think, the JDK is also required to resolve some system dependencies : for
example, to include tools.jar (on Windows, Linux and Solaris), we need to
write a profile that uses the ${java.home} property; and, in this use case,
the java context should be filled with values from a JDK

The following profile works fine in a POM :
    <profile>
      <id>default-tools.jar</id>
      <activation>
        <property>
          <name>java.vendor</name>
          <value>Sun Microsystems Inc.</value>
        </property>
      </activation>
      <dependencies>
        <dependency>
          <groupId>com.sun</groupId>
          <artifactId>tools</artifactId>
          <version>1.5.0</version>
          <scope>system</scope>
          <systemPath>${java.home}/../lib/tools.jar</systemPath>
        </dependency>
      </dependencies>
    </profile>

The same profile (with auto/manual activation), in the settings file seems
ignored :(

Is-it a normal situation ?

Best wishes,
--