[m2e-users] Multi-module projects and derived resources

When working with multi-module projects, using the standard (nested) layout, the parent project includes the modules' folders, but the derived folders are not correctly marked.

Example:

parent-project/
parent-project/module-a/
parent-project/module-a/src/...
parent-project/module-a/target/

Inside the "module-a" project, the "target" folder is correctly marked as derived, but in "parent-project", the "module-a/target/" is not. This means that files in this folder are included in the search results, duplicating lots of results.

In fact, I think the whole "module-a" folder should be marked as derived inside "parent-project".

I don't know if this is a limitation of Eclipse or a feature missing from m2e. Please advise me so I can file the enhancement request in the correct place.

Eclipse Indigo SR1, m2e 1.0.100

Thanks in advance,
Daniel Serodio

Back to the top