Re: [m2e-users] Problem with "Update Project Configuration" option

For whatever reason, an in-place upgrade doesn't seem to work when
moving to Indigo/m2e-1.x.

The easiest way I've found to resolve it is to simply delete the
project from your Eclipse workspace (without deleting the underlying
files), deleting the Eclipse-related files (.settings\, project, ,
.classpath) and then re-importing the project as a Maven project.

Greg