[m2e-users] m2e Installation Problem

I just bought a new laptop and decided to install clean new versions of everything. I installed Indigo (an upgrade from Helios), pointed the install at my old Eclipse workspace, and then installed m2e using the update site at http://download.eclipse.org/technology/m2e/releases/

It looks like it installed. When I go to Window / Preferences / Maven, the options are there, and there's a reference to the update site on one of the screens. I can go to Console and open an (empty) Maven console.

But when I right-click on any project, there's no "Maven" menu, none of the Maven projects have a "Maven Dependencies" element, and the Run menu has no options to run a Maven build. And of course my projects don't compile because the dependencies aren't there.

What have I done wrong?

Back to the top