[m2e-users] Any alternative to plugin connectors under development?

I was winding up a multi-month evaluation of Maven when Indigo came out.  I was on the fence about adopting Maven; Indigo pushed me off the fence – to giving up on Maven.

Even in my limited usage, I had to write two one-page Maven plugins that deal with code/resource generation, and use another (freemarkerpp-maven-plugin) that appears to be inactive.  I have zero experience with writing Eclipse plugins.

Is there any progress toward a simpler alternative mechanism for connectors, or simply allowing opt-out for Helios-style behavior?

If not, I’ll just write up my Maven (non)recommendation and be done with it.

I’ve been delaying in hopes that m2eclipse community pressure would lead to a change in direction.

Thanks,

-Ed Staub

Back to the top