[m2e-users] m2eclipse dependency ordering

Hi,
How does the m2eclipse plugin determine the ordering of maven dependencies?  It does not seem to follow the normal maven dependency ordering.

I work on Apache OpenJPA.  I've got a maven-enabled application project that is using OpenJPA along with many other dependencies.  When I run my tests from the command line using maven, everything works just fine.  But, when I bring this project into Eclipse (using m2eclipse), the maven dependencies have a slightly different order and my tests do not run correctly.  My environment is requiring a certain order for the dependencies due to unique testing requirements (patches, etc).  I have found no means of affecting the order of the maven dependencies in the Eclipse environment.  Can somebody help me figure this out?

I've searched the archives and tested various approaches with no luck.

Thanks,
Kevin

Back to the top