Re: [m2e-users] existing eclipse web project to maven

Documentation for converting a project to Maven is out of the scope of the m2e project.  Using a webapp archetype might be the best starting place, but overall the conversion will depend on the complexity of the build.

We (Sonatype) also have an Eclipse plugin (free, no registration required) available which iterates over your classpath doing hash lookups, though this will only work if the jars are the same as those in maven central.

Matthew