Re: [m2e-users] bundle packaging

2011/9/14 Igor Fedorenko <igor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> What are you trying to achieve?

I would like to import an existing maven project into an eclipse with
installed m2e.
But I have not installed the m2e-tycho extensions.

The import dialog asks for plugin connectors and shows an error for
the "Packaging bundle".
Using the Action "Resolve Later", the Finish button warns about an
"Incomplete Maven Goal Execution" and says that there will be build
errors.
That's why I canceled the import and looked for informations about m2e
and packaging=bundle.

> m2e-tycho provides some level of support for maven-bundle-plugin, mainly
> to enable interoperability between tycho/pde and maven-bundle-plugin
> projects within the same workspace. If you are not interested in pde
> integration, then maven-bundle-plugin projects do not require any
> special support and are expected to work without additional m2e extensions.

Thank you for this hint!

I tried again and ignored the warning --> the project was imported
without build errors.
Now everything is fine.

Maybe the dialog could be changed to not show an error for packaging=bundle?

Regards,
Lars

Back to the top