[m2e-users] maven web apps not loading in Eclipse with M2E

I haven't tried before to deploy web apps built with maven on the Tomcat server running from Eclipse using m2e. I have an app that runs just fine when deployed as a WAR file on a Tomcat Server, but this app and another, much simpler app, fail to load under Eclipse. The error message in the Tomcat console is.

SEVERE: Error configuring application listener of class org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1387) at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1233)

Yet the class org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener is in the Maven dependencies.

A non-maven webapp loads without difficulty in this environment.

Is there something I need to do with m2e to get this to work?

Back to the top