Re: [m2e-users] resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval of nexus has elapsed or updates are forced

m2e - Maven Integration for Eclipse 1.0.100.20110804-1717 org.eclipse.m2e.feature.feature.group Eclipse.org - m2e

Cheers, Eric

On 2011-08-31 9:00 PM, Igor Fedorenko wrote:
What m2e version is that?

Igor

On 11-08-31 11:54 PM, Eric Kolotyluk wrote:
Is it just me, or does anyone else ever get tired of the message

resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval of nexus
has elapsed or updates are forced

Everything was working fine yesterday. For some reason, that I cannot
explain, now my builds keep failing with this symptom. I have not
actually changed any pom files or really anything - other than to stop
and restart Eclipse. The same problem happens whether I build from
Eclipse or the command line. I cannot seem to find any combination of
'-U' or 'clean' or 'deploy' or anything to correct things. I feel like a
chicken who pecks randomly at things until one of them is food.

It is really unnerving that maven is so fragile and unpredictable, and
things so randomly go from working to broken. While Maven is way better
than Ant in most respects, Ant is still head and shoulders above Maven
in stability.

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project intersystem-jni4net: Could not
resolve dependencies for project
com.kodak.intersystem:intersystem-jni4net:jar:0.0.2-SNAPSHOT: The
following artifacts could not be resolved:
com.kodak.intersystem:intersystem-common:jar:0.0.2-SNAPSHOT,
com.kodak.intersystem:intersystem-client:jar:0.0.2-SNAPSHOT,
com.kodak.intersystem:intersystem-service:jar:0.0.2-SNAPSHOT,
com.kodak.intersystem:color-repository:jar:0.0.2-SNAPSHOT: Failure to
find com.kodak.intersystem:intersystem-common:jar:0.0.2-SNAPSHOT in
http://nexus:8081/nexus/content/groups/public was cached in the local
repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval
of nexus has elapsed or updates are forced -> [Help 1]

When I look in my local repository I can see

intersystem-common-0.0.2-SNAPSHOT.jar.lastUpdated
intersystem-common-0.0.2-SNAPSHOT.pom.lastUpdated

but

intersystem-common-0.0.2-SNAPSHOT.jar
intersystem-common-0.0.2-SNAPSHOT.pom

are missing. Why is that when the previous 'deploy' succeeded?