Re: [m2e-users] m2e-wtp 0.13 war overlays - problem with publishing to server

Hi Fred.

Thanks for pointing me to the .log file. I had a stack trace there that provided me some foundation for googling—and found out it was a configuration problem with my Tomcat. I intalled a fresh Tomcat 6 and used that instead, and had more luck with it that way.

However, now I'm getting odd errors when attempting to start up the application; sometimes the app doesn't find the compiled jsp pages, and sometimes it can't find regular classes, even after I've explicitly added the projects containing them to the project's build path.

Are there any additional steps involved in running a mvn-wtp (or war overlay) project? I should just be able to follow the following procedure, right?

1. Checkout the maven projects from source control
2. Import them into my workspace
3. Create a new runtime from my fresh Tomcat 6 installation
4. Right click on the project, select "Run As… Run on server" and run it on the new server
5. Enjoy the fruits of my hard labour, with automatic copying of resources and class hotswapping

Am I missing something here?

Cheers,
- hugi