[m2e-users] Archetype Snapshots

Hi Folks,

I’ve got an archetype project whose version is currently set to 1.0-SNAPSHOT.

I deploy this to a snapshot repository.

My repository has an archetypes catalog as follows:-

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<archetype-catalog  xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-archetype-plugin/archetype-catalog/1.0.0" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"

  xsi:schemaLocation="http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-archetype-plugin/archetype-catalog/1.0.0 http://maven.apache.org/xsd/archetype-catalog-1.0.0.xsd">

  <archetypes>

    <archetype>

          <groupId>acme</groupId>

          <artifactId>my-archetype</artifactId>

          <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>

          <repository>http://localhost:2910/archetypes/</repository>

          <description>My Archetype</description>

    </archetype>

  </archetypes>

</archetype-catalog>

I’ve added this repo to eclipse and it is in the New Maven Project wizard.  First time I create a project from my archetype, after deleting it from my local repo, the snapshot gets downloaded and instantiated just fine.

If I then update the archetype, re-build/deploy, leave my local repo as it is and then try creating another project - it is always created using the first snapshot not the latest.  I believe m2eclipse is failing download the latest snapshot but I don’t know why.

Do I need to generate any extra metadata?  Any steps I can follow to debug this.

Cheers,

_Paul

Back to the top