Re: [m2e-users] Test claspath in Eclipse x Maven CLI

see inline

Igor

On 11-07-12 11:17 PM, Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:
Do you have specific use case in mind?

Create a launch for a main class where I would like to in some cases run with runtime classpath and in others with testscope.

I understand what you want to do, but I want to understand why you want
to do it. Do you have a real-life example where you'd need to switch
between runtime and test scope for a main class?

Also for being able to use a mvn classpath for other things in eclipse where a classpath can be used. i.e. hibernate query execution.

What stops you from doing this now? You probablyu need special launch
configuration for hibernate query execution and
IClasspathManager#getClasspath lets clients choose between runtime and
test classpath already.

-max

I think for tests we have to use test scope to make sure results are
comparable to command line build. So this leaves application main class
launches, and I can't think of a scenario when using different scope
would be required.

Igor