Re: [m2e-users] Eclipse 3.7 with m2 Feedback

To be clear, adding <execute/> mapping to pom.xml is almost certainly
not a good idea, especially for maven plugins that generate code in
eclipse workspace. Wiki [1] provides some background information about
bad side-effects of executing maven plugins inside eclipse workspace.

I realize that lack of out-of-the-box support for many popular maven
plugins appears to be a significant regression compared to 0.12, but I
am hopeful that we, as a community, will be able to quickly populate m2e
extensions discovery catalog and effectively solve this problem. For
everyone interested to help [2] provides some pointers where to start
and m2e developers will be happy to help on m2e-dev mailing list.

[1] http://wiki.eclipse.org/M2E_plugin_execution_not_covered
[2] http://wiki.eclipse.org/M2E_Extension_Development

Igor