Re: [m2e-users] m2e plugins for code generators?

Hey.

On Tue, 10 May 2011 12:41:18 -0400
 Igor Fedorenko <igor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Extending AbstractJavaProjectConfigurator is the recommended way to add
support for code-generating maven plugins.

Also, when you are done with your implementation, we can add it to m2e marketplace. If you are interested, of course. This way installation of your Eclipse plugin will be for all projects that use jaxws, jaxb2 and jibx maven plugins as part of m2e project import flow and via code
assist on "not covered plugin execution" error markers.

Right now the plugin is mostly a stopgap for me, and possibly my co-workers. I don't really have a lot of insight into what I am supposed to do to make those Maven plugins behave correctly in all cases.

For instance I can see the antlr m2e plugin checks for file changes and add to the build process. I don't really have any idea if I should be doing something like that. It seems that since the plugins already does these things in Maven, it would be a bit redundant do do it in m2e as well?

In other words. I am not sure I want to be maintaining a m2e plugin, in the near future, that deals with things I don't really know a whole lot about. And that does not further improve my own environment.

I could certainly release the plugin. But it would have a great chance of ending up as a one of those half implemented unsupported things I personally hate to have to use ;)

/Kristoffer Peterhänsel

Back to the top