[m2e-users] M2eclipse and wtp and local project dependency

I am using the jetty 7/8 eclipse wtp plugin with m2eclipse and I have the problem that classes from local workspace dependency projects are not found in jetty when workspace resolution is on. I checked the jars which are deployed to the jetty server environment in the workspace and found out that the jars do not contain class files, but the jars contain the src folder of the workspace project my war depends on, with .java files! Disabling workspace resolution works around that, but that has other drawbacks, e.g. when eclipse searches for usages of a class from the workspace project, it does not find usages in the war sources.
It seems other people have had similar problems with other servers: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2557348/m2eclipse-and-wtp-and-adding-local-project-source
Now I am wondering which component wrongly jars up the project src instead of using the build output in target/classes, or which component wrongly tells eclipse to do that. Is it the eclipse jetty server plugin, or eclipse wtp or m2eclipse itself? Has anyone seen this already?
Cheers,
D'

Back to the top