[m2e-users] Tricky profile versus import

  When this profile, recommended here, is in my parent POM, m2e won't
import my project as a java project. The only builder I wind up with
is the maven builder. When I take this back out and update, the
project springs to life.

      <profile>
            <id>m2e</id>
            <activation>
                <property>
                    <name>m2e.version</name>
                </property>
            </activation>
            <build>
                <plugins>
                    <plugin>
                        <groupId>org.maven.ide.eclipse</groupId>
                        <artifactId>lifecycle-mapping</artifactId>
                        <version>0.10.0</version>
                        <configuration>

<mappingId>org.sonatype.tycho.m2e.tychoLifecycleMapping</mappingId>
                        </configuration>
                    </plugin>
                </plugins>
            </build>