Re: [m2e-users] Could 'updating maven dependencies' by controlled by 'build automatically

Yes, this has been brought up several times already and I think this
would be useful in certain scenarios. I do not believe just turning off
dependency resolution is a good idea. When dependency
resolution is off, m2e should provide some sort of indication for
projects with stale dependencies. There should also be a way to force
dependency resolution for a subset of projects.

Igor