Re: [m2e-users] [m2eclipse-user] eclipse hang/crash with latest m2eclipse, help?

Dealing with general "flakiness" is actually on top of
our todo list for the next m2e version. Our current plan is to make m2e
much more conservative about what maven plugins get executed during
eclipse build. m2e will simply refuse to run plugins it does not know
about and mark the project as unsupported. There is some info on the
wiki [1] about this work and we are welcome any feedback.

As for debugging, I'd probably start with setting up custom build
minimal lifecycle mapping, as described in [2], then add any mojo
execution required to compile and run the tests. If still see the
problem, then use a profiler like Yourkit to see if there are any leaked
classloaders.

[1] https://docs.sonatype.org/display/M2ECLIPSE/Project+build+lifecycle+mapping
[2] https://docs.sonatype.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=2949459

Igor