Re: [m2e-dev] Version/Release/Compatibility Policy

Hi Gunnar,

> has a significant user base

That's great to hear!

> Quite a a significant amount of these users are enterprise customers
> which do expect some kind of stability, compatibility and announcements around upcoming breakages

Everyone is encouraged to participate and help to fulfill these "expectations" see:

https://github.com/eclipse-m2e/m2e-core/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md

so anyone requiring enterprise-support can either:

1) directly contribute
2) pay someone to contribute on there behalf

Its all open source and even help to do project management, bug triage, testing of snapshots are all more than welcome...

> It's a good practice for mature, stable Eclipse projects, with a
> significant user base, to create and publish a version/release/backwards compatibility.

As mentioned in your issue created, there is always older releases available in case of any (unexpected) problem here:

https://download.eclipse.org/technology/m2e/releases/

> Eclipse Git integration generally
> tries to support the last N-2 Eclipse versions with their releases

This is not a goal of m2eclipse as no one of the active committer nor contributor can (or want to) afford this and it limit us delivering new features or improve existing ones.

Simply use https://download.eclipse.org/technology/m2e/releases/2.0.1/ for now or propose a PR and we probably can do another release soon that includes this fix.