[m2e-dev] Delayed 2.0 release, need to update m2e-wtp & mavenarchiver

Hi all,

One important goal was to provide m2e release in upcoming SimRel 2022-06. I now believe there is no chance that this can happen.
The reason is that by adding a new major release to SimRel, it needs to be compatible with other components, and at least m2e-wtp and mavenarchiver, that are part of SimRel and critical to proper usage of Eclipse IDE in many cases, are not compatible with m2e 2.0 .
As long as we haven't prepared for such compatibility and inclusion in SimRel, there is no point in rushing a release. So the 2.0 release is officially delayed to "later". However "later" here means as soon as possible or we'll be stuck in this state forever.

Concretely, here are is the new plan:
* Prepare fix for mavenarchiver
* Prepare fix for m2e-wtp, then once both fix seem ready
* Release m2e 2.0
* Merge fix for mavenarchiver
* Release mavenarchiver
* Merge fix for m2e-wtp
* Release m2e-wtp
* Contribute all that to SimRel.
This is a not trivial sequence of step, and updating m2e-wtp and mavenarchiver projects is likely to be a frustrating experience. But I don't see any viable alternative.
As part of that flaw, we'll probably try to move the m2e-wtp subproject as a simple GitHub repo under eclipse-m2e organization, and maybe even the same for mavenarchiver.

Cheers,

--
Mickael Istria