Re: [m2e-dev] About using GitHub issues

On Tue, Mar 30, 2021 at 7:44 AM Mickael Istria <mistria@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> The move to GitHub source and PRs was IMO a success: it was simple enough to carry on; and some new people have contributed since then. We'll never know if the move to GitHub was a trigger for those new contributions, but I have some belief it does.
>
> So what about the next step: moving to GitHub issues?

Only when you're prepared to migrate the issues, not before. Did you
manually copy and paste every source file from the Eclipse repo into
github? and throw away every file no one volunteered to copy and
paste? Of course not.

Bugs are no different or less valuable. if you're prepared to migrate
the issues, then do it. Otherwise keep using bugzilla. The software is
not more important than the data in it.

--
Elliotte Rusty Harold
elharo@xxxxxxxxxxx