Re: [m2e-dev] guava bundled with m2e

Hi,

On Fri, Jan 22, 2021 at 8:52 PM Homer, Tony <tony.homer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The newest guava in Orbit is 27.1.0, so I’ll open a bug to add guava 30.1 to Orbit and get it added ASAP.

I’ll open a bug to update m2e to guava 30+ and mark it blocked by the Orbit issue.

That artifacts in those bundles are plain Maven jars, they don't come from Orbit but from Maven Central; so no need to bother with Orbit.
The update of guava can be done by changing those pom files: https://github.com/eclipse-m2e/m2e-core/blob/master/m2e-maven-runtime/org.eclipse.m2e.maven.indexer/pom.xml , https://github.com/eclipse-m2e/m2e-core/blob/master/m2e-maven-runtime/org.eclipse.m2e.maven.runtime/pom.xml , by dealing with transitive dependencies. However, I'm not sure about possible incompatibilities brought by newer Guava.

Was guava 20.0 intentionally added to org.eclipse.m2e.maven.indexer?

It's coming as a transtive dependency; but we don't really mind which version is used, as long as it works.

Would it be possible to instead depend on the guava bundled with org.eclipse.m2e.maven.runtime?

That may work, just try to exclude it from https://github.com/eclipse-m2e/m2e-core/blob/d366850be3de6edc36837bc38b78350f2328efb7/m2e-maven-runtime/org.eclipse.m2e.maven.indexer/pom.xml#L33 and submit a pull request. If there is no regression, it can be merged very soon, and m2e released soon as well.

Back to the top