[m2e-dev] ${java.home} references Java running IDE not Java used to build the project

Hello,

I have a project that uses Java 8 and makes use of tools.jar. I recently upgraded to Eclipse 2020-09 and m2e 1.16.1 (.2 doesn't seem to matter for this use case).

I cannot build the project because tools.jar cannot be found:

Missing artifact: com.sun:tools:jar:<version>

This is because the dependency section is defined as:

<systemPath>${java.home}/../lib/tools.jar</systemPath>

${java.home} resolves to the installed JRE/JDK that came with Eclipse 2002-09 .

I have the m2e-core locally to try and find where ${java.home} is being set but it's going to take me a little while to get everything traced out.

In the meantime, are there tests for the cases where the IDE JRE is not the same as the build / project JRE?

Thanks,
Stephen

Back to the top