[m2e-dev] Plugin parameter types are not read from plugin.xml

Hi everyone!

I realized that m2e seems to ignore the <type> info from plugin.xml when
it gathers the parameters of a plugin (for selection in the editor).

Instead it reads all fields of the plugin via reflection. But this
yields zero results for a "fake" mojo I had to create for a custom Maven
extension because the respective class is an enum.

I summarized the problem here:
https://github.com/vackosar/gitflow-incremental-builder/issues/199

I know that this "fake" mojo is a hack, but shouldn't m2e respect
plugin.xml in all aspects? Why is it bypassing the descriptor and is
reading the types on its own?

If there are no good reasons to keep that I'd come up with a PR.

Thanks!

Cheers,

Falko

Back to the top