Re: [m2e-dev] Maven moving to the next level: the build/consumer pom

I just created a "buildconsumer" branch in Doxia [1] to have a live example of the new simplified build POM that Maven 3.7.0 will allow [2]

As expected, this branch can't build with Maven 3.6.3, but can with Maven 3.7.0-SNAPSHOT.
And in my favorite IDE, as expected, dependency resolution does not work because of missing info in pom.xml (which is now a build pom, with removed tags, then was not a valid POM until now)

What is expected is IDE maintainers to check what they need to do at IDE level to support these new POMs that only build with Maven 3.7.0-SNAPSHOT.

Regards,

Hervé

[1] https://github.com/apache/maven-doxia/tree/buildconsumer

[2] https://github.com/apache/maven-doxia/commit/15e3de1a97bf48a394cb566783cac851c0728d98