Re: [m2e-dev] Use m2e in another plugin

On 19-Feb-2018, at 2:20 AM, laeubi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
thanks for the hint, one question about DependencyResolver:
With MavenPluginActivator you are pick up the "config" and then start the reloving yourself using Aether.

Is this doen to be as much independant from m2e as possible or because m2e has no methods to fetch dependecies directly?

If I recall correctly, we did that so as to pick up the config information from the user's m2e settings.  Aether is a bit of a pain, so if m2e had APIs then we would have used those APIs.

(Note: Aether has been moved back to the Apache Maven project, and is now called the Maven Resolver, though the package names remain as org.eclipse.aether.*.)

Brian.

Back to the top