[m2e-dev] Fetching source and/or javadoc by default

Hi all,

I found a question on stackoverflow about an Eclipse user who doesn't get useful javadoc nor completion on some types he's using externally. Apparently, the exact same project gets good completion and doc in Netbeans. It seems to be a Maven project.
m2e has the ability to download source and javadoc for a given artifact (this is available in the preferences), and I guess then to assume those sources and javadoc with the m2e artifact in classpath, so user get javadoc, better completion and immediate access to sources.
IMO, this feature has a lot of value for users and would rather be turned on by default. What would be the drawbacks? The obvious one I see is a slightly longer time to fetch dependencies (which does happen only once, so it can be worth it). Is there another more annoying one?
Should I open a bug to request fetching those artifacts by default?

Cheers,
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat