Re: [m2e-dev] Can next m2e depend on Platform 4.6?

There is no such requirement, but I'd support at least one previous release.
I do use 4.5 along with the most fresh m2e 1.7 same as I would use 4.6 with m2e 1.8.
And I think there are a number of people that do the same.

Yes, you can use new 4.6 APIs in m2e 1.7 and there is no requirement to provide compatibility with earlier eclipse versions.

Igor