[m2e-dev] Advice on path for m2e integration for Maven plugin

I've used the plexus-build-api for making Maven plugins compatible with m2e, but wonder if that's the best path forward today?
I'm asking partly because some plugin devs dislike having m2e "specific" (you could argue on this topic) code in a Maven plugin, but also as I haven't figured out how to write good tests of a plexus-build-api integration.

So, to recap there are (as I understand it) three ways to integrate a Maven plugin with m2e:
1. plexus-build-api (BuildContext) [1]
2. a separate m2e connector (also most likely using plexus-build-api)
3. Takari's incremental build support library

To put this discussion i context, I was recently faced with making the openjpa-maven-plugin m2e compatible [2]. What would be the best path for this today do you think?

[1] https://wiki.eclipse.org/M2E_compatible_maven_plugins
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENJPA-2622

/Anders

Back to the top