[m2e-dev] Is this a case for a m2e extension ?

Hello,

We have a maven plugin using a custom packaging type whose main objective is to generate a description text file based on the configuration and declared dependencies(of the same custom type) then it groups all files into a compressed file.

In order to use it with eclipse we have created a lifecycle-mapping-metadata.xml to declare the plugin goals and allows for incremental building. Also we modified the mojos in order to avoid looping and unnecessary buildings.

it is working well (at least we can see the compressed file being generated with the nested files) except when there are any of the dependencies opened in the same eclipse workspace. In such case we are getting an exception because aether is not resolving the artifact to the generated compressed file at workspace but its pointing to project's output directory instead.

What is the recommended steps in such case ? should we create a m2e extension just for that ?

thanks for any tip.

Chris

Back to the top