Re: [m2e-dev] Redundant call of mavenProjectChanged during import new/update existing project(s)

Was there ever an PR or bug report opened on this ?

/max

Hi all,
I can see a redundant step during import of new maven project and updating existing one.

Basically both cases consist of the following steps (stating point org.eclipse.m2e.core.internal.project.ProjectConfigurationManager):
(1) refresh workspace
(2) configure project(s)
(3) build

Refresh workspace(1) notifies MavenProjectChangedListeners which calls mavenProjectChanged on all configurators for project and configure(2) calls configure on all configurators. Some configurators (like org.maven.ide.eclipse.configuration.wtp.overlay.configurator:Overlay) does the same in both of aforementioned methods. So they are doing the same thing twice which slows down the import/update process.

This should either be documented, as Fred suggested to me, or if we know that configure will be called later then don't send notification events to configurators.

Hope it makes sense :)

Rastislav Wagner
JBDS QA
irc: rawagner

Red Hat Czech
Purkynova 99, 612 00 Brno, Czech Republic