Re: [m2e-dev] 500MB Map in memory during import

Yes, this is expected. In order to guarantee consistent dependency
resolution, m2e needs to keep all involved MavenProject instanced in
memory during project import. After import is finished, m2e will only
keep very small cache of most recently used projects and release the
rest for garbage collection.

Igor