[m2e-dev] Authentication when importing project

I followed Igor advises for importing projects into the workspace (http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/m2e-users/msg05077.html). The import by itself works, thanks Igor!

Now, these projects rely on private maven repo that is password protected. The url/user/password are defined in .m2/settings.xml within a profile that is made active.
When I create/import the projects within an environment that already have all the dependencies in its local maven repo, it works like a charm. But if it doesn’t have these dependencies local, it prompts me for a user/pwd for every single dependency it tries to download, from the same repo. On the other hand, if I create the projects, do not import them using the aforementioned api, but then import them using the import dialog, then it works (the dependencies are downloaded and it doesn’t prompt me)

Question: is there a credential manager to setup before calling the import API? It sees the active profile because it tries to reach the server, but it doesn’t use the credentials from settings.xml.

Back to the top