Re: [m2e-dev] Wish to contribute an incubating bundle for easier import

On 03/23/2015 02:53 PM, Fred Bricon wrote:
Something tells me the deep level hierarchy with dummy intermediary poms in use in *some* PDE projects is not representative of the vast majority of Maven use cases.
Does that mean that you think people don't use intermediary poms at all? Or that they don't use *dummy* intermediary poms?
If people don't under intermediary poms, then all this discussion is vain, because it only applies in the case of intermediary poms. So the vast majority of Maven use cases won't care about whether it's better it import intermediary poms as projects or not.
But if there is a way to look inside a pom to know whether it's "dummy" or not, we could implement this in the project detector.

Anyway, let's just stop debating now. I will update the code immediately so that every folder that has a pom becomes an Eclipse project, independently of the packaging type.
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat

Back to the top