Re: [m2e-dev] Wish to contribute an incubating bundle for easier import

I can see logic in not importing projects with poms that aren't needed in eclipse build (eclipse-repository, eclipse-product), but you can never know which poms are needed and which not.
Not providing ways to import them in this general importer will alienate users which need that (myself included - I have a number of 'pom' projects that actually end up as eclipse java projects).

You could take the best of both worlds by providing an optional choice wizard page, where one could uncheck such projects, if needed.