Re: [m2e-dev] Breaking changes to the archetype API -> m2e 2.0?

Hey Fred,

Just want to clarify some of the APIs that may be changing.  In our adopter product we have code that looks like this:

final ArchetypeManager archetypeManager = MavenPluginActivator.getDefault().getArchetypeManager();
final ArtifactRepository remoteArchetypeRepository = archetypeManager.getArchetypeRepository( archetype );
final List<IProject> newProjects =
            projectConfigurationManager.createArchetypeProjects(
                location, archetype, groupId, artifactId, version, javaPackage, properties, configuration, monitor );

I'm assuming you mean some of these APIs will change in incompatible ways in the proposed m2e 2.0?  Well I guess ArchetypeManager was always marked internal, so its fair game to be changed even if m2e doesn't go to 2.0. But the IProjectConfigurationManager was "API", so is that one of the interfaces that will undergo breaking change in 2.0?