deals with each project individually or it needs to look at all session
projects and do something with all of them?

There is no concept of multimodule reactor build inside m2e workspace.
Each module is treated independently from all other modules. We have
some far-reaching pipe-dream kind of plans to change this in m2e 2.0,
but right now the best we can do is to call lifecycle participant for
each project separately.

Igor

On 2014-10-08, 17:27, Richard Vowles wrote:
Thanks for the response Igor - I will be happy to invest the time and I
will swap to the m2e-dev list :-)

On Thu, Oct 9, 2014 at 1:00 AM, Igor Fedorenko <igor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:igor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Short answer, there is no easy way to integrate maven lifecycle
    participants in m2e, and for some/many participants there is no way to
    integrate at all. Not without change m2e and/or participants in
    fundamental ways.

    One very useful property Maven project model used to have, it was
    possible to reason about projects and have very accurate idea about
    project dependencies, build plans, etc, just by looking at their pom.xml
    files. Lifecycle participants break this paradigm. One can't much about
    projects but looking at their pom.xml files any more.

    I don't know how much time you want to invest into this, but I can
    provide more details m2e-dev what options there are to make this work.

    Igor