This issue resurfaces from time to time, but there isn't enough motivation to fix it because "disk space is cheap".

Cheers,
Rafał

On 09/23/2014 03:08 PM, Tom Schindl wrote:
Enabled or not why is this file created for each workspace?

I tend to have multiple workspaces and because i ran out of disk space
on my virtual machine I remember this thread and I have 7GB of indices
so can't different workspaces not share the same index?

Tom

On 19.09.14 13:52, Igor Fedorenko wrote:
You can disable this in m2e preferences, simply uncheck "Download
repository index updates on startup".

Igor

On 2014-09-19, 4:14, Robert Munteanu wrote:
Hi Will,

On Fri, Sep 19, 2014 at 11:07 AM, Will Herrmann <wjherrmann@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
I recently discovered that there is a metadata file for m2e that has
ballooned to over 700 MB in size. Specifically, its file path is:

[Eclipse
Workspace]/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.m2e.core/nexus/26522e0d83a422eed93329ece7565cfc/_1n.cfs

The name of the file, and the folder that contains it, are not
descriptively named, so I have no idea what this file is or if it's
important to m2e's operation. I see that it was modified recently on
my computer (about 2 hours ago), but I'm not sure why, especially
since I haven't been working on any Maven projects lately.

Is this 700 MB file a bug? Should I (somehow) send it to someone? Is
it safe to delete it? Any help would be appreciated.
IIRC this is the Lucene index used by m2e for its searches. You can
delete it but It will probably get recreated. Also I think it got
disabled by default in 1.5 .

Robert

Thanks in Advance,
-Will Herrmann