[m2e-dev] Metadata File > 700 MB

I recently discovered that there is a metadata file for m2e that has ballooned to over 700 MB in size. Specifically, its file path is:

[Eclipse Workspace]/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.m2e.core/nexus/26522e0d83a422eed93329ece7565cfc/_1n.cfs

The name of the file, and the folder that contains it, are not descriptively named, so I have no idea what this file is or if it's important to m2e's operation. I see that it was modified recently on my computer (about 2 hours ago), but I'm not sure why, especially since I haven't been working on any Maven projects lately.

Is this 700 MB file a bug? Should I (somehow) send it to someone? Is it safe to delete it? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,
-Will Herrmann

Back to the top