Re: [m2e-dev] Possible bug with Maven dependency exclusions

This is expected to work. Open a bug and attach small standalone example
that demonstrates the problem.

In the future, please use m2e-user mailing list for user questions. This
list is dedicated to discussions about m2e and m2e extensions development.

Igor

On 2014-08-08, 2:07, Thiago Berne wrote:
Hi all,
I'm having a little problem with maven dependency exclusion under Eclipse.
I have the following project structure:

project1:
   - depends on:
       -- lib1
       -- lib2
       -- lib3

project2:
     - depends on:
        -- project1
        -- lib 4 (conflicts with lib1)

In lib1, there's a class named "apackage.SomeType".
in lib4, there's an interface named "apackage.SomeType" (the very same
name of the existing class in lib1).

In my Eclipse I have only the project2. The project1 is being read from
local network archiva repository.

In my project2's dependency to project1, I define an exclusion of lib1.

I would expect that, when compiled, the classes that refer to
"apackage.SomeType" would expect an interface. But instead they are
expecting a class.

It makes me believe that lib1 is being used in classpath when compiling
classes from project2, although I've excluded it in my .pom.

Has somebody experienced a problem like that?

Thiago Gagliano Berne