[m2e-dev] Possible bug with Maven dependency exclusions

Hi all,
I'm having a little problem with maven dependency exclusion under Eclipse.
I have the following project structure:

project1:
  - depends on:
      -- lib1
      -- lib2
      -- lib3

project2:
    - depends on:
       -- project1
       -- lib 4 (conflicts with lib1)

In lib1, there's a class named "apackage.SomeType".
in lib4, there's an interface named "apackage.SomeType" (the very same name of the existing class in lib1).

In my Eclipse I have only the project2. The project1 is being read from local network archiva repository.

In my project2's dependency to project1, I define an exclusion of lib1.

I would expect that, when compiled, the classes that refer to "apackage.SomeType" would expect an interface. But instead they are expecting a class.

It makes me believe that lib1 is being used in classpath when compiling classes from project2, although I've excluded it in my .pom.

Has somebody experienced a problem like that?

Thiago Gagliano Berne

Back to the top