[m2e-dev] Scanning for modified resources (BuildContext vs other means)

According to [1], it says that a maven plugin "MUST use BuildContext to skip execution when there none of relevant workspace resources changed".

Is it required to use BuildContext, or can I use some other means to determine if the plugin should skip execution? I'm asking as several plugin already has a similar functionality through a stale file. I appreciate that it might not be 100% the same, but close enough IMHO.

So, bottom line, it the requirement to skip execution when there hasn't been any relevant resource changes or is the requirement to use BuildContext to determine that?

/Anders

Back to the top