[m2e-dev] phasing out maven 2.x support, embedded runtime is now 3.2.1

Given recent Maven Core decision to end Maven 2.x support [1], I plan to
end Maven 2.x support in m2e too.

This means we no longer accept bugs related to Maven 2.x compatibility,
do not port new features and bugfixes to work with Maven 2.x and stop
testing with Maven 2.x.

I will keep ability to run as Maven 2.x for the time being, but will
remove it when/if it gets in a way of future work.

In a related news, m2e 1.5 embedded maven runtime is now based on
recently released maven 3.2.1 and we do not plan to change it until
after m2e 1.5 is released at the end of June. Now is a good time to
start testing m2e compatibility with your projects and report any
problems you find in m2e bugzilla.

[1] http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/maven-dev/201402.mbox/browser

Igor

Back to the top